Healthy Eating & Beverages
Living a healthy lifestyle each and every day is about how you take care of your body in every aspect, including what you put into it. Each month we’ll be showcasing some seasonal healthy recipes that you might not have seen before. Cooking with family and friends is a great activity, and these recipes aren’t just healthy, they’re easy too! Let us know what you think and share your own healthy recipe ideas on our Facebook page @MiddlesexLondonInmotion and on Twitter @inmotion4life
Hearty Tomato and Pesto Soup
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 soft sun-dried or SunBlush tomatoes in oil, roughly chopped
- 3 x 400g cans plum tomatoes
- 500ml turkey or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp sugar,any type, or more to taste
- 142ml pot soured cream
- 125g pot fresh basil pesto
- basil leaves, to serve
- Heat the butter or oil in a large pan, then add the garlic and soften for a few mins over a low heat. Add the sun-dried or SunBlush tomatoes, canned tomatoes, stock, sugar and seasoning, then bring to a simmer. Let the soup bubble for 10 mins until the tomatoes have broken down a little.
- Whizz with a stick blender, adding half the pot of soured cream as you go. Taste and adjust the seasoning – add more sugar if you need to. Serve in bowls with 1 tbsp or so of the pesto swirled on top, a little more soured cream and scatter with basil leaves.
Source: BBC Good Food.